Urban Islands Project
Coaching Clusters for Urban Church Starters
Learn and Grow From Peers
You have a lot to offer and people need to hear your ideas and learn from your mistakes.
Sometimes ministry can be the loneliest place in the world, but God intended us to be in community.
The people you lead need the best possible leader you can be, joining a coaching cluster will take your leadership to the next level.
What will I get out of a Urban Islands Coaching Cluster?
Weekly online interactions
Monthly video chats
Annual in person retreat
- Access to real time learning community
- Cumulative urban church planting knowledge
- Proven set of pre-launch metrics
- Fundraising Support
- Assisting in quantifying pre-launch process
- Answer logistical questions with website, etc.
- Name Discovery Process
- Development of individualized vision values etc.
- Informal coaching with UIP Team members
- Access to UIP Church Starters Facebook group
- Launch Team Recruitment
- First Year Post Launch Support
- Another layer of credibility and accountably
- Annual in Person Retreat
What are the requirements?
Minimum 3,000 People Per Square Mile in Community or Neighborhood
Live in Community
Must live (or plan to) inside community of focus
One Year Out
Expected launch date must be a minimum of 12 months into the future
Not a Lone Wolf
Must be affiliated (or plan to be) with a sending organization (a denomination, a church, or a sending organization that will assist with governance accountability)
What’s my investment?
1 Year Commitment with option to renew for 2nd & 3rd year
Share this Page
“Pastors must find peer groups and seek mentor couples to monitor their marriages and family lives. Understanding the threat and taking preemptive action would do much to protect our pastors, their families, their churches, and the appeal of the gospel.”
— Gordon MacDonald
Before the Next Sex Scandal: How your church and your pastor may prevent the predictable
A Christianity Today Editorial APRIL 1, 2006